Sunday 10 February 2013

Stories of Anarkalis

It's been a crazy hectic past few weeks with relatives down from all over the country,endless weddings and a busy office.Both me and the store have been doing quite well indeed but we are extremely tired and in need of a weekend off!
Coming to the outfit,We bought this stunning embroidered stole from Kashmir last year and I knew I just had to do something amazing with it.So since this year seems to be a year of weddings,I decided to use it as a yoke for this beautiful anarkali maxi (Anarkali is the Indian version of an empire waist dress).The colour and threadwork is beautiful and I had my cousin's engagement on Sunday so it was the perfect occasion to wear it as soon it will be too hot for silk.Since,It came out quite well,I decided to hop on to the terrace and click some pictures.And what better than a self-made outfit for my first outfit post!



















Anarkali Maxi-Self Designed-Rs.12000 approx by India Kitsch
Bangles-Full Fataaka-Rs.1150 pair(Mumbai)
Earrings- Grand Bazaar in Istanbul-Rs.1000 approx
Ring-Kolkata Exhibition-Rs.500 approx
Shoes-Adaa (Mumbai)-Rs.2150
Clutch- Kali (Kolkata)-Rs 1650



27 comments:

  1. I LOVE this dress! It is gorgeous! I have a few anarkalis too

    You should definitely do more outfit photos. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Halima!Will definitely try to!
      ~Shreya

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. Love the dress too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking SO pretty!!!!!! And the anarkali is amazingly beautiful!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the second one! :) I like long skirts so much, and maxi dresses! :) New post on BASI tonight that is geared towards fashionistas btw ;)

    God bless,
    Christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine!Ive only recently started wearing maxi dresses.
      Checking out the new post!Planning to give a shoutout to BASI in my next post too! :D
      ~Shreya

      Delete
  5. Hey thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I am glad you liked the scarf! :)
    You have a great blog right here! Loving your anarkali dress!

    Maneet
    www.maneetgupta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. everything is just fab about this look, and that's an interesting way to glam that anarkali too !
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the anarkali..but more so the accessories..u completely rock the look.

    Luv,
    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Aditi...Am in love with the bangles myself. :D

      Delete
  8. OMG... Such a beautiful anarkali. Totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Single word - Wow!!!
    Ok, one more word - Gorgeous!!!!
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! ... love the way you converted the shawl into an anarkali. And you look so pretty! :) .. Love the bangles too.

    I am following you. Would love it if you visit and follow back at:
    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty, riots of color and beautiful work on black... nothing can go wrong with it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty colors and a pretty you!
    you have pulled together the look so elegantly!
    Lovestruck with Zovi!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the anarkali maxi, it's designed beautifully :) just found your blog and I'm following you :D my blog is http://youreashoe.blogspot.com :) would love it if you stop by.. hope you like it! :) xx


    <3 Adi
    My blog - Coffee. Beauty. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the colorful accessories!!


    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful anarkali! And so different from the usual blingy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your anarkali. So pretty!
    Xx
    Rhea
    http://fuss.co.in

    ReplyDelete

badge